Friday, April 30, 2010

Senior Studio Reflection

I LOVED! senior studio this term. I really went outside of my comfort zone as an artist. I tried using a lot of other mediums and strayed from my typical portrait box. I experimented a lot with spray paint. I absolutely love the effect it makes when you spray multiple layers of one color and spray an additional layer of another color after it dried. It kind of cracks so you can see the original layer of paint underneath. I really love my portrait (it is currently the background on my phone -- i am a loser I know). The space felt really authentic - i felt like a real artist. :) I wish that we could have had a day where class was ALL day. You are probably sick of me at this point since I have spent basically the entirety of my days this term in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment